What We Offer
Kids learn a lot through play. They reach important growth milestones when they play! But as grown-ups, it can be tough to know how to play. Come learn with your kids from our early years educator. We have fun activities with toys, songs and stories, and a craft or activity. There is also free play time, and everyone gets a snack to take home!
- It’s a free drop-in program from September to June.
- It’s from 9:30 am to 11:30 am on these days:
- On Mondays, we’re in Sparwood at the Rec Centre in the Community Hall (above the rink).
- On Tuesdays, we’re in Fernie at the Fernie Family Centre.
- On Wednesdays, we’re in Elkford at the Elkford Alliance Church (in the basement).
Benefits of Parent-Tot Funtimes
- Supporting your child’s healthy development through interactive play, nurturing creativity and imagination.
- Providing support and an opportunity to meet other parents with young children.
- Opportunity for both structured and unstructured play.
- Offering information, resources, and referrals to other services based on your needs.
How To Access parent-Tot Funtimes
Join the Parent-Tot Funtimes Facebook group, or email email@example.com for more info. You can also just come to the program. You don’t need to register.
I love my job because I get to connect with different families throughout the Elk Valley and watch them grow. Children bring such joy and everyday is always different and fun! I love to cook. I have been cooking since I was a child and I love finding new ingredients at the store and making something yummy. I recently started baking too, it’s more challenging than cooking but I have a big sweet tooth so it’s very satisfying.