What We Offer
This program gives free and private services. These include weekly drop-in sessions about parenting, food, and baby care, free vitamins for pregnant people and babies, help with breastfeeding, mental health support and referrals, family support when becoming parents, and one-on-one education for those who can’t or don’t want to go to group classes before the baby is born.
- Weekly drop-in sessions about all kinds of parenting, food, and baby care topics.
- Free vitamins for pregnant people and babies for better health.
- Helpful breastfeeding support for a good experience.
- Mental health support and referrals for emotional well-being.
- We help people living in Fernie, Sparwood, Elkford, and the South Country.
Benefits of Bellies to Babies
- Make good, supportive friends in a caring community.
- Get care and attention one-on-one or in group classes before the baby is born.
- Connect with other services to get even more support.
It is a privilege to work with families as they begin their parenting journey. I love seeing new skills develop and confidence build in parents throughout their baby’s first year of life. I enjoy spending time outdoors being active, spending time indoors playing ukulele, and being a mom to my 2 teenage sons.
I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to work with parents and their babies as they embark on this journey. I also love any chance I can get to cuddle with babies! I enjoy running, x-country skiing, hanging out with my husband and 2 teenagers. I am grateful everyday to live in beautiful Fernie.