What We Offer
Our preschool helps build a strong base for your kid’s lifelong growth, teaching important social, emotional, and physical skills. From learning how to share and understand others’ feelings to getting better at controlling their emotions and fine motor skills, our program is here to give kids important life skills. Plus, preschool helps kids become more independent and get used to being in a school setting. And all this learning is mixed into fun activities that kids love.
- Fun activities like games, songs, crafts, and more.
- Focused on growing social, emotional, and physical skills.
- Helps kids learn important life skills like understanding others’ feelings, sharing, and controlling emotions.
- Helps kids be more independent and comfortable in a school environment.
Benefits of Jaffray Preschool
- Builds a strong base for lifelong learning and growth.
- Better social interactions and understanding emotions.
- Improved fine motor skills and thinking abilities.
- Easier transition into future school settings.
How To Access Jaffray Preschool
Our preschool is in the portable building just outside the gym at Jaffray Elementary School. We’re open on Tuesdays and Thursdays with two different sessions. The 3-year-old class is from 9:00 am to 11:30 am, and the 4-year-old class is from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm.
To sign up please contact Diane Lightburn at 250-421-2394.
I am a preschool teacher for the South Country Preschool, what I like most about my job is getting to watch the children develop in their social learning; seeing their friendships form, watching and listening as their play evolves, and being amazed by their imaginations. When I’m not at the preschool you will find me at the Western Financial Insurance office, but for fun I like to ride horses with my daughters and work in my garden.
I love my job! Spending time with the kids and watching their imagines at work, teaching them, as well as learning from them is so rewarding. In my time away from work I enjoy as much family time as I can as well as golfing and gardening.